Application System and Criteria
We here at Windermere Voss Property Management and Associates know that looking for a rental home can at times be a difficult and daunting task. We do our best to erase the unease and make finding your next home as simple and stream-lined as possible.
Finding the right home for you:
- Please review all of the vacancy advertisement before scheduling a viewing. This includes the length of lease being offered, utilities included, and any restrictions such as pets or smoking.
- If the property is in an area that you are unfamiliar with we recommend that you drive-by the home and check out the neighborhood. Do not disturb occupants.
- Fill out a Guest Card or call the office to schedule a viewing of the rental that you are interested in. Most units can be shown anytime Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm. If you need a weekend or evening showing please note this could take longer to accommodate.
You have found the one:
- To be considered for one of our rentals all persons living in the home, over the age of 18, must fill out an application and pay the non-refundable screening fee of $45.00 per person.
- A complete application consists of all required information in the application being filled out as well as attaching copies of photo ID, income verification and any other supporting documents that may help in the decision-making process.
- We process all applications on a first come first serve basis. If you are applying with one or more persons over 18 your application will not be considered until all co-applicants have completed their application.
Our Screening Criteria:
- Income Verification: Tenants must provide proof of income 3 times the monthly rental rate. A lower income amount will be considered on units with utilities included, based on the utilities, typically at a rate of 2.5 times the market rent.
- Criminal Record: Any application with a felony will not be accepted.
- Eviction Record: Any applicant with an eviction with-in the last 5 years will not be accepted.
- Credit Scores: Our minimum credit score that we will accept is 600. If credit has been affected by student loans, medical debt or divorce those factors will be taken into consideration if the rest of the application is strong.
Application Approval or Denial:
- Most applications will be processed and approved or denied with-in 5 days of a completed application being received. If additional information is needed our team will reach out to you.
- Approved applicants will be called or e-mailed with the approval status of the application. The next steps in the leasing process will be covered at this time with the approved applicants.
- Denied Applicants will receive a denial letter via mail at the address supplied on the application. We are not allowed to discuss denial reasons via phone as it is personal information and we cannot verify over phone that the person we are talking to is the person who submitted the application.